LEGAL NOTICE: TOWN OF NEW LISBON
The Town of New Lisbon is soliciting proposals from qualified construction contractors for making repairs to the New Lisbon Town Hall and New Lisbon Highway Garage in Garrattsville, NY. The complete RFP may be picked up at the Town Clerk’s office or viewed below.
Proposals must be submitted by Noon on December 12, 2017 to the New Lisbon Town Clerk, 829 County Highway 16, Garrattsville, NY 13342.
By order of the New Lisbon Town Board
Charlene R. Wells, Clerk
November 17, 2017
Town of New Lisbon Request for Proposals
Project Description and Preliminary Scope of Work
The Town of New Lisbon is soliciting proposals from qualified construction contractors for assistance in the following.
Perform identified construction tasks on the Town Highway Barn, and Town Hall utilizing prevailing wage.
Scope of Work
Professional services required for the following:
- Highway Barn: replacing soffit on front and back, fix garage door trim, covering exposed insulation, replacing weather stripping and adjust garage doors, adding silicone around all vent pipes, replacing garage door frames, and replacing bottom door panel of back garage door.
- Highway Barn: replace broken cross brace, replace back entry door, replace louvers to attic, remove and replace back garage door block foundation, and re-point chimney that is used for furnace ventilation.
- Town Hall: re-attach and repair all loose soffits, repair/replace door jams and weather stripping around doors, remove and replace back door brick molding, repair all broken siding, replace broken ceiling tiles with as close to original, replace missing heat register covers, and fill gaps around fuel pipes with high strength silicone.
- Town Hall: make adjustments and replace hardware to fix the back doors so they open and close properly, and sand down and repaint all bathroom stalls.
- All materials will be purchased by the Town of New Lisbon.
- Construction contractors must carry a minimum of $1,000,000 in bonded liability insurance.
The proposal must include the following information:
- Description of the firm: Describe your firm’s legal structure, areas of expertise, length of time in business, and number of employees. Provide the address of the main office (for legal purposes) and the address of the office that will manage the project.
- Experience: Briefly describe other projects executed by your firm that demonstrate relevant experience. For each project mentioned, include the name, address and phone number of a person who can be contacted regarding your performance on the project. When submitting projects for which your firm worked in an auxiliary capacity or in a joint venture or partnership, include the name and address of the lead firm as well as the name and addresses of the other firms with which you worked.
- Personnel: Provide a resume for the key people proposed to be assigned to the project (including any important sub-consultants), and describe relevant related experience. Describe key personnel’s proposed roles and responsibilities on this project. Submittals must identify a proposed project manager, who would be responsible for the day-to-day management of project tasks and would be the primary point of contact with your firm.
- Costs: Provide two separate proposals: labeled Town Highway Barn, and Town Hall. Along with a schedule of the hourly rate of each person who would be working on the two proposals and set forth a detailed description of any other costs to include all materials (which will be purchased by the Town of New Lisbon) required to perform requested services, disbursements and expenses that would be charged to the town by the firm.
- Project Schedule: Provide a schedule of past general projects and activities indicating the duration of each activity and of the total project, including a schedule of Personnel assigned to project. The schedules should reflect actual activity durations.
Questions regarding the project may be directed to Supervisor Timothy Miller at:
Town of New Lisbon
908 County Hwy 16
Garrattsville, NY 13342
The proposal must be received no later than 12PM on December 12, 2017 at the Town Clerks office 829 Co. Hwy 16, Garrattsville, NY 13342. Proposals received after that deadline will not be considered.
Proposals will be ranked based on the factors set forth below and the Town of New Lisbon Town Board, in its discretion, may choose to interview several of the top ranked firms or it may reject all of the applicants. However, at its discretion, the Town of New Lisbon may dispense with interviews and select a firm to perform the work. Firms will be evaluated on the basis of the following factors:
- Firm History and Capability to Perform Project
- Relevant Project Experience
- Qualifications of Project Team
- Familiarity with Area and Project
- Project Approach and Schedule
- Cost Proposal
- Responsibility/capability to complete the work as required
Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age or national origin.